Early in his career, James has already established himself in the courtroom. Prior to joining Daly & Black, James represented both homeowners and mortgage companies in lender liability suits, wrongful foreclosure claims, and bankruptcy. Through this litigation experience, he has learned that large companies are only concerned with the bottom line. James takes great pride in protecting the rights of small businesses and working people to make sure their rights are protected when litigating against large companies.
James graduated with honors from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Philosophy and English where he competed on the debate team. After graduating from UT, James spent several years as a touring bass player, backing up multiple international recording artists.
James graduated in 2012 from Baylor Law School. While a law student, James served as class president and won multiple advocacy competitions. After graduation, James served as the post-graduate teaching assistant for Baylor’s nationally renowned Practice Court program.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. 2012
Honors & Awards
- Alice Jean Cannon and Thure B. Cannon Constitutional Law/Civil Rights Award
- 1L Champion – Strasburger & Price Moot Court Competition
- 2nd Place – Mack Kidd Administrative Law Moot Court Competition
- 2nd Place – The Duberstein National Moot Court Competition
- 5th Place – Stetson National Pretrial Competition
- Order of the Barristers
- National Champion – Coach – Stetson National Pretrial Competition
- Champion – Coach – Elliot Cup Bankruptcy Competition
- Texas State Courts – 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas