Richard Daly has been a trial attorney for almost 20 years, with a concentration in litigation against insurance companies or corporate defendants, overtime lawsuits, business litigation (oil and gas, real estate and general commercial) and personal injury. Richard is licensed in both Texas and Kentucky.
Before starting his own firm, he was with Caddell & Chapman, one of the most respected plaintiffs’ shops in Houston. Prior to that, Daly was a partner at Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, one of the largest defense firms in Houston.
He believes his experience on both sides of the courtroom makes him uniquely qualified to analyze prospective cases, determine their likely outcome and develop a prudent plan for moving forward.
Daly attended the University of California, Los Angeles, on a football scholarship, playing tight end for the Bruins. After a brief stint with the Denver Broncos, he attended the University of Illinois Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif (top 10 percent), as well as top 10 in his class.
University of California, Los Angeles
- Attended on a football scholarship, playing tight end for the Bruins
University of Illinois Law School
- Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif (top 10 percent)
- Top 10 in his class
- Recognized by American Registry Most Honored Professional, 2015, 2016
- Listed in the "Top 100 U.S. Verdicts (2015) Texas” for Estate of Chalk v. Benson.
- Recognized by American Registry Most Honored Professional, Top 1 percent, 2015
- Named one of "Houston's Top Lawyers" by H Texas magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Named one of " Texas' Outstanding Young Lawyers" by peers in the legal community, 2010
- Recongnized by Woodward White, Inc,: U.S.News, Best Law Firm, 2014, 2015, 2016
Daly’s hobbies reflect his competitive personality: golf, fishing, hunting and poker.
Rick enjoys spending time with his daughter, Payton.
When Insurers Abuse Appraisal | Daly & Black, P.C.
Unreasonable Conduct of Insurance Companies in Colorado | Daly & Black, P.C.
Myths About Suing Your Insurance Company
Focused On Your Best Interests
Our team of attorneys makes your best interests our best interests and we work tirelessly until you get the result you not only want, but that you deserve.
We understand that this can be a confusing time so we always have someone available to answer any of your questions and concerns. This is our case, but your life, and we work to always keep you informed.
Decades of Successful Results
Our team has decades of experience advocating on behalf of our clients and we have both the tools and experience to win your case at trial.
Aggressive & Compassionate Counsel
At Daly and Black, we understand your frustrations and confusions and fight to ensure that you are put in the best possible position to negotiate a resolution.