Brain injuries rank among the most severe and life-altering traumas one can endure. These injuries require meticulous care, as their impact can resonate throughout a lifetime. The Denver Brain Injury Lawyers at Daly & Black, P.C. are committed to championing the cause of those who have suffered brain injuries due to someone else’s negligence.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a head injury that results in damage to the brain. The two basic types of these kinds of injuries are “penetrating” and “closed” head injuries.
- Penetrating head injury: This type of injury occurs when an object penetrates the victim’s skull.
- Closed head injury: This type of injury occurs when the head suddenly stops and the brain collides violently with the inside of the skull. This is what happens when a head hits a windshield in a car accident. This injury can also occur even if the skull doesn’t collide with an object, such as in a whiplash accident, when the brain is forcefully moved backward or forward within the skull. A traumatic brain injury does not always result in a loss of consciousness.
Signs and Symptoms
Brain injuries are not always apparent. Injuries such as whiplash, stroke or concussion can cause damage without revealing evidence of severe trauma. It’s important to keep a look out for brain injury symptoms such as:
- Mood changes
- Loss of sex drive
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of senses
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Loss of coordination or balance
- Excessive or irregular sleeping patterns, such as insomnia
- Lack of energy
- Neck pain
- Slow reading
- Slow speech
- Poor decision making
- Poor organizational skills
- Poor concentration
- Poor memory
- Persistent headache
Noticing brain injuries in children can be even more difficult than with adults. Due to a possible lack of communication skills, a child may feel symptoms but be unable to effectively articulate the problem. Certain brain injury symptoms to look for include:
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Loss of skills, such as reading, writing or toilet training
- Loss of interest in toys and playing
- Changes in eating habits
- Crankiness or more frequent temper tantrums
- Lack of energy
Compensation in Brain Injury Cases
Our brain injury lawyers understand that no two clients, cases or injuries are the same. Since circumstances vary from client to client, we are prepared to pursue each case according to its unique details. You and your family may be able to recover for damages such as:
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitative therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Home modifications and special equipment for mental and physical disabilities.
Daly & Black, P.C. can help
Navigating the aftermath of a brain injury is an exceptionally complex and sensitive challenge, impacting every aspect of your life. In these critical moments, it’s vital to have legal representation that truly grasps the severity of your situation. At Daly & Black, P.C., our Denver Brain Injury Lawyers possess an in-depth understanding of brain injury claims and the profound implications they carry.
Our commitment is to advocate tirelessly for your rights and to secure the compensation essential for addressing the long-term effects of your injury. We approach each case with a potent mix of legal acumen and empathetic support, recognizing the unique challenges you face during this period.
Rely on Daly & Black, P.C. to provide unwavering support and comprehensive representation. We are dedicated to safeguarding your well-being and ensuring your future is secured, focusing on your needs every step of the way. Contact us to experience the attentive and effective legal care you deserve during this pivotal time.