Suffering a brain injury can be a life-altering event, often carrying consequences that last a lifetime. Such injuries demand immediate and careful attention, as their impact on an individual’s life can be profound and enduring. At Daly & Black, P.C., our experienced Houston brain injury lawyers are dedicated to advocating for those who have endured this kind of trauma due to others’ negligence. We are committed to vigorously pursuing the compensation necessary to support your long-term recovery and wellbeing. Trust in our expertise to guide you through this challenging time with the determination and support you deserve.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) refers to a serious head injury that causes harm to the brain. Generally, these injuries fall into two categories: penetrating and closed head injuries.
- Penetrating head injury: A penetrating head injury happens when an object breaks through the skull and impacts the brain. This type of injury is typically caused by an external object forcefully entering the skull.
- Closed head injury: A closed head injury occurs in situations like car accidents, where the head’s abrupt halt causes the brain to strike against the skull’s interior. It’s also common in incidents like whiplash, where the brain forcefully moves within the skull without any external impact. Importantly, a traumatic brain injury can occur without the loss of consciousness.
Signs and Symptoms
Brain injuries are not always apparent. Injuries such as whiplash, stroke or concussion can cause damage without revealing evidence of severe trauma. It’s important to keep a look out for brain injury symptoms such as:
- Mood changes
- Loss of sex drive
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of senses
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Loss of coordination or balance
- Excessive or irregular sleeping patterns, such as insomnia
- Lack of energy
- Neck pain
- Slow reading
- Slow speech
- Poor decision making
- Poor organizational skills
- Poor concentration
- Poor memory
- Persistent headache
Noticing brain injuries in children can be even more difficult than with adults. Due to a possible lack of communication skills, a child may feel symptoms but be unable to effectively articulate the problem. Certain brain injury symptoms to look for include:
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Loss of skills, such as reading, writing or toilet training
- Loss of interest in toys and playing
- Changes in eating habits
- Crankiness or more frequent temper tantrums
- Lack of energy
Compensation in Houston Brain Injury Cases
At Daly & Black, P.C., our Houston brain injury lawyers recognize the unique nature of each client, case, and injury. We understand that every situation differs, and so our approach is tailored to the specific details of each case. Depending on your individual circumstances, you and your family may be eligible to receive compensation for various damages such as:
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitative therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Home modifications and special equipment for mental and physical disabilities.
Daly & Black, P.C. can help
Dealing with a brain injury can be an incredibly complex and delicate ordeal that affects every facet of your life. In such trying times, securing legal representation that comprehends the gravity of your situation is crucial. Contact Daly & Black, P.C., where our Houston personal injury lawyers possess a profound understanding of the serious nature of brain injury claims. We are dedicated to advocating for your rights and the compensation you need to navigate the long-term implications of such an injury. Our team of Houston brain injury lawyers approaches each case with a combination of deep legal expertise and the compassionate support required during this challenging period. Trust Daly & Black, P.C. to stand by your side, providing the relentless and thoughtful representation needed to ensure your well-being is prioritized and your future is protected.