Enduring a brain injury can fundamentally change a person’s life, significantly affecting their well-being. The intricate nature of brain damage demands thorough care and attention, as its impact can resonate throughout a person’s lifetime. At Daly & Black, P.C., our Angleton Brain Injury Lawyers deeply comprehend the serious implications of these injuries. We are wholeheartedly committed to advocating for those who have suffered such profound trauma due to someone else’s negligence.
Our team dedicates itself to seeking justice, ensuring that victims receive the compensation they deserve. We navigate the complexities of brain injury claims with unparalleled expertise and unwavering determination, aiming to provide both support and effective legal representation to those affected by such life-changing events.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a head injury that results in damage to the brain. The two basic types of these kinds of injuries are “penetrating” and “closed” head injuries.
- Penetrating head injury: This type of injury occurs when an object penetrates the victim’s skull.
- Closed head injury: These type injuries often occur in scenarios where the head experiences a sudden halt, causing the brain to strike violently against the skull. Closed head injury is common in car accidents, for instance, when the head forcefully impacts the windshield. Additionally, these injuries can happen even without direct collision, as seen in whiplash incidents, where the brain is jolted back and forth within the skull. Importantly, it’s crucial to understand that such injuries do not always lead to loss of consciousness. As your Angleton Brain Injury Lawyers at Daly & Black, P.C., we have extensive experience in handling the complexities of these serious injuries, committed to providing our clients with the expert legal assistance they require.
Signs and Symptoms
Brain injuries can be deceptively hidden, often manifesting without visible signs of severe trauma. Conditions like whiplash, strokes, or concussions may inflict significant damage internally, while external evidence remains elusive. In case of a personal injury like this, it’s important to keep a look out for brain injury symptoms such as:
- Mood changes
- Loss of sex drive
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of senses
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Loss of coordination or balance
- Excessive or irregular sleeping patterns, such as insomnia
- Lack of energy
- Neck pain
- Slow reading
- Slow speech
- Poor decision making
- Poor organizational skills
- Poor concentration
- Poor memory
- Persistent headache
Detecting brain injuries in children can be particularly challenging compared to adults. Younger children, especially those with limited communication skills, may experience symptoms but struggle to express what they’re feeling. This difficulty in articulation can often lead to delays in recognizing and treating brain injuries in children. Certain brain injury symptoms to look for include:
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Loss of skills, such as reading, writing or toilet training
- Loss of interest in toys and playing
- Changes in eating habits
- Crankiness or more frequent temper tantrums
- Lack of energy
Compensation in Brain Injury Cases
Our Angleton brain injury lawyers understand that no two clients, cases or injuries are the same. Since circumstances vary from client to client, we are prepared to pursue each case according to its unique details. You and your family may be able to recover for damages such as:
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitative therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Home modifications and special equipment for mental and physical disabilities.
Daly & Black, P.C. can help
Navigating life after a brain injury involves facing a myriad of complexities that touch every aspect of your daily existence. During such a critical time, it’s essential to have legal representation that fully understands the severity of your circumstances. At Daly & Black, P.C., our Angleton Brain Injury Lawyers possess deep insights into the intricate nature of brain injury claims. We’re committed to fighting for your rights and securing the compensation necessary for handling the long-term effects of such an injury. Our team approaches each case with a blend of robust legal acumen and empathetic support, essential during these challenging times. Rely on Daly & Black, P.C. to be your steadfast ally, offering relentless and thoughtful advocacy to safeguard your well-being and secure your future.