"Once you've had discipline, you'll need it, you'll crave
it, you'll demand it…and you'll despise those who don't
UCLA Offensive Coordinator Homer Smith
Richard Daly has been a trial attorney for almost 20 years, with a concentration
in litigation against insurance companies, overtime lawsuits, business
litigation (oil and gas, real estate and general commercial) and personal
injury. Richard is licensed in both Texas and Kentucky.
Before starting his own firm, he was with Caddell & Chapman, one of
the most respected plaintiffs’ shops in Houston. Prior to that,
Daly was a partner at Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, one of the largest defense
firms in Houston.
He believes his experience on both sides of the courtroom makes him uniquely
qualified to analyze prospective cases, determine their likely outcome
and develop a prudent plan for moving forward.
Daly attended the University of California, Los Angeles, on a football
scholarship, playing tight end for the Bruins. After a brief stint with
the Denver Broncos, he attended the University of Illinois Law School,
where he graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif (top 10 percent),
as well as top 10 in his class.
University of California, Los Angeles
- Attended on a football scholarship, playing tight end for the Bruins on
a football scholarship, playing tight end for the Bruins
University of Illinois Law School
- Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif (top 10 percent)
- Top 10 in his class
- Recognized by American Registry Most Honored Professional, 2015, 2016
- Recognized by American Registry Most Honored Professional, Top 1 percent, 2015
- Named one of "Houston's Top Lawyers" by H Texas magazine,
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Named one of " Texas' Outstanding Young Lawyers" by peers
in the legal community, 2010
- Recongnized by U.S.News, Best Law Firm, 2014, 2015, 2016
Daly’s hobbies reflect his competitive personality: golf, fishing,
hunting and poker.
He is also a devoted family man to his wife, Shelley, and daughter, Payton.